MANADRIN FOR NON-CHINESE SPEAKERS
Mandarin Lessons in EDC
Total Conversational Approach
We do not concentrate on Cantonese PinYin 6 or 9 tones system, whereas we adopt “Total Conversational Approach” which is based on conversation, just like what you learned your native language. Only concentrating practicing conversations in class.
Eliminate Translation Process
so that the student learns to speak without hesitation and begins to think only in his or her new language. The speed of learning a spoken language is increased if the laborious mental process of translation is avoided. We teach the student to think in the language, helping to make speaking a reflex action.
100% Learning Experience
Our teaching approach facilitates students to speak at least 50% of time whilst teacher speaks the other 50%, resulting students practice Listening Skills at the same time. Speaking and Listening skills are the most important elements for students to learn and use in business and real life situations.
- Pronunciation system: Mostly learn 4 tones of PinYin.
- Teachers: Most of the Cantonese teachers are part-time or freelance basis, all individual teachers have their own teaching approaches or methods.
- Most of the teachers will serve more than one language centres.
- EDC teachers concentrate on speaking and listening practice with daily converstation. We don’t spend most of the time teaching PinYin.
- We have a team of teachers who received EDC unique teaching method to teach and therefore they will teach similarly.
- Most of our Mandarin teachers are either full-time or EDC contracted.
EDC Unique Teaching Approach:
50%:50%: Student speaks 50% of the time whilst teacher speaks 50% of the time in the target languages.
Must be native teachers.
EDC provides training to all teachers and therefore all teachers will teach similarly.
Specialized materials according to our teaching approach.
We teach just like what you learned your first language.